The Alexandria Transit Company is a non-profit corporation organized under Chapter 1, Title 13.1 of the Code of Virginia, for the purpose of providing mass transportation services as a public service corporation. The entire capital stock of the corporation – seven shares at a par value of $1.00 a share – is owned by the City of Alexandria.
ATC is governed by a seven member Board elected annually by the Alexandria City Council, acting in the capacity of the sole stockholders. Members of the Board of Directors serve without compensation. Regular monthly Board meetings are normally held the first Thursday of every month at Alexandria’s City Hall, 301 King Street, Sister Cities Conference Center, Room 1101 at 5:30 p.m., unless otherwise posted.
ATC operates under the direction of its Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, Sandy Modell, and Assistant General Manager, Brad Putzier. Ms. Modell is the principal staff advisor to the Board on transit matters.
ATC Board of Directors
- Paul R. Abramson, Chairman
- David H. Kaplan, Vice Chairman
- Richard J. Baier, Vice President*
- Kerry Donley
- Mark Jinks
- Meredith MacNab
- Geralyn McNally
- Laura Triggs
- David "Max" Williamson
Present Directors were elected at the February 28, 2013, Annual Meeting of the Stockholders.
* Denotes individual is an employee of the City of Alexandria and serves in the capacity indicated without compensation.
Comments to the ATC Board of Directors may be submitted to the ATC Board Secretary, Alexis Quinn, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: ATC General Manager, 3000 Business Center Drive, Alexandria, VA 22314.
ATC Board Meeting Dates
Regular public meetings are held the first Thursday of every month at Alexandria’s City Hall, 301 King Street, Sister Cities Conference Center, Room 1101, at 5:30 p.m.
2014 Meeting Dates:
- Thursday, February 6: Meeting location at Alexandria’s City Hall, 301 King Street, City Council Workroom, Room 2410 / Meeting Board Packet
- Thursday, March 6: Meeting location at the DASH Facility, 3000 Business Center Drive, Alexandria, VA 22314 / Meeting Board Packet
- Thursday, April 3: Meeting Board Packet
DASH COA Public Meetings
The project consultant, Transportation Management and Design (TMD), will be providing a presentation on the recommendations for the DASH COA at the ATC Board of Directors Meeting on April 3, 2014. The meeting will be held at Alexandria City Hall, 301 King Street, Room 1101 (Sister Cities) at 5:30 p.m. The presentation can be found here.
A public hearing will be held for the recommendations as well as the proposed ATC FY 2015 Transit Development Plan at the ATC Board of Directors meeting on May 8, 2014. The meeting will be held at Alexandria City Hall, 301 King Street, Room 1101 (Sister Cities) at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 8: Alexandria Transit Company Board of Directors Monthly Meeting and Public Hearing on the ATC 2015 Transit Development Program and FY15 Budget: Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Alexandria City Hall, 301 King Street, Room 1101 (Sister Cities) at 6:00 p.m.
ALEXANDRIA TRANSIT COMPANY
There will be a public
hearing on the ATC 2015 Transit Development Program (TDP) and Budget in the
Sister Cities Conference Center (Room 1101), City Hall, at 6:00 p.m., on
Thursday, May 8, 2014.
No significant changes in
current service or fare structure are contemplated in the fiscal year beginning
July 1, 2014. The proposed program
includes the consideration of a new AT9 crosstown route to be initiated in July
For a copy of the 2015
Transit Development Program (TDP), please contact Alexis Quinn, ATC Secretary,
at 703-746-5637 or email email@example.com. The TDP will also be posted on the DASH
website at www.dashbus.com.
Board of Directors
- Thursday, June 5
- Thursday, September 4
- Thursday, October 2
- Thursday, November 6
- Thursday, December 4
*No meetings will be held in July and August.
2014 Board Packet
2013 Board Packet