* * DASH will operate the below Holiday Bus Service Schedule:
- December 24: Christmas Eve: No DASH Service after 7 p.m. Any trip that is scheduled to start at its origin point at 7:01 p.m., and later, will not operate. Any trip that is scheduled to start at its origin point at 7:00 p.m., and earlier, will operate in its entirety.
- December 25: Christmas Day: No DASH Service
- December 26: DASH will operate on a Saturday Schedule
- January 1, 2015: New Year’s Day: No DASH Service
* * King Street Trolley Service Schedule:
The King Street Trolley operates daily, every 15 minutes, between the King Street Metro to the Waterfront.
- Sunday - Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
- Thursday - Saturday: 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.
* * Happy New Year 2015! Celebrate First Night Alexandria with *FREE* DASH Shuttles!
December 31 – New Year’s Eve:
A circular DASH Shuttle will operate between the Masonic Temple and the King Street Metro from 7 p.m. - 1 a.m.
The DASH AT2 and AT5 will operate a ‘FREE ZONE’ from King Street Metro to City Hall from 6 p.m. to the end of their regular schedule.
King Street Trolley will terminate at Market Square starting at 10 p.m. due to the waterfront being closed to vehicular traffic.
ATC Board Meeting Information & Dates
The Alexandria Transit Company is a non-profit corporation organized under Chapter 1, Title 13.1 of the Code of Virginia, for the purpose of providing mass transportation services as a public service corporation. The entire capital stock of the corporation – seven shares at a par value of $1.00 a share – is owned by the City of Alexandria.
ATC is governed by a seven member Board elected annually by the Alexandria City Council, acting in the capacity of the sole stockholders. Members of the Board of Directors serve without compensation. Regular monthly Board meetings are normally held the first Thursday of every month at Alexandria’s City Hall, 301 King Street, Sister Cities Conference Center, Room 1101 at 5:30 p.m., unless otherwise posted.
ATC operates under the direction of its Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, Sandy Modell. Ms. Modell is the principal staff advisor to the Board on transit matters.
ATC Board of Directors
- Paul R. Abramson, Chairman
- David H. Kaplan, Vice Chairman
- Yon Lambert, Acting Vice President*
- Kerry Donley
- Mark Jinks*
- Stephen Klejst
- Meredith MacNab
- Laura Triggs*
- David "Max" Williamson
* Denotes individual is an employee of the City of Alexandria and serves in the capacity indicated without compensation.
Comments to the ATC Board of Directors may be submitted to the ATC Board Secretary, Alexis Quinn, at email@example.com or by writing to: ATC General Manager, 3000 Business Center Drive, Alexandria, VA 22314.
ATC Board of Directors Meeting Dates
Regular public meetings are held the first Thursday of every month at Alexandria’s City Hall, 301 King Street, Sister Cities Conference Center, Room 1101, at 5:30 p.m.
2014 Meeting Dates:
- Thursday, December 4, 2014: Meeting Board Packet
- Thursday, November 6, 2014: Meeting Board Packet
- Thursday, October 2, 2014: Meeting Board Packet
- Thursday, September 4, 2014: Meeting Board Packet
- Thursday, June 9, 2014 (Revised date from June 5): Meeting Board Packet, FY2015 TDP (REV 2)
- *No meetings held in July and August.
- Thursday, May 8, 2014: Meeting Board Packet, FY2015 TDP (DRAFT)
Alexandria Transit Company Board of Directors Monthly Meeting and Public Hearing on the ATC 2015 Transit Development Program and FY15 Budget: Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Alexandria City Hall, 301 King Street, Room 1101 (Sister Cities) at 6:00 p.m.
ALEXANDRIA TRANSIT COMPANY
There will be a public hearing on the ATC 2015 Transit Development Program (TDP) and Budget in the Sister Cities Conference Center (Room 1101), City Hall, at 6:00 p.m., on Thursday, May 8, 2014.
No significant changes in current service or fare structure are contemplated in the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2014. The proposed program includes the consideration of a new AT9 crosstown route to be initiated in July 2014.
For a copy of the 2015 Transit Development Program (TDP), please contact Alexis Quinn, ATC Secretary, at 703-746-5637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The TDP will also be posted on the DASH website at www.dashbus.com.
Paul Abramson, Chairman
ATC Board of Directors
- Thursday, April 3, 2014: Meeting Board Packet, DASH COA Public Meetings
The project consultant, Transportation Management and Design (TMD), will be providing a presentation on the recommendations for the DASH COA at the ATC Board of Directors Meeting on April 3, 2014. The meeting will be held at Alexandria City Hall, 301 King Street, Room 1101 (Sister Cities) at 5:30 p.m. The presentation can be found here.
A public hearing will be held for the recommendations as well as the proposed ATC FY 2015 Transit Development Plan at the ATC Board of Directors meeting on May 8, 2014. The meeting will be held at Alexandria City Hall, 301 King Street, Room 1101 (Sister Cities) at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 6, 2014: Meeting location at the DASH Facility, 3000 Business Center Drive, Alexandria, VA 22314: Meeting Board Packet
- Thursday, February 6, 2014: Meeting location at Alexandria’s City Hall, 301 King Street, City Council Workroom, Room 2410: Meeting Board Packet
2014 Board Packet
2013 Board Packet