Metro is closing a portion of its Blue Line to make safety improvements from December 19 - January 3.
Free shuttle buses will replace trains at the two stations.
Blue Line trains will run between Huntington and Largo at or about the same intervals as today. Customers can transfer between shuttle buses and rail service at Eisenhower Avenue Station. Metro will also offer special express bus service between Franconia-Springfield and the Pentagon via I-395.
The ongoing project, which includes a series of weekend closures that continue through March, will modernize the line's Automatic Train Control system, which is responsible for ensuring safe speed and distance between trains.
Effective Saturday, December 19 - Sunday, January 3
- Blue Line service will operate between Huntington and Largo Town Center.
- Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn St stations closed.
- Free local and express shuttle buses will operate between:
- Franconia-Springfield, Van Dorn St and Eisenhower Ave.
- Franconia-Springfield and Pentagon (excluding Christmas and New Year's Day)
- Van Dorn St and Pentagon rush hour service only: 5 a.m.-8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (excluding Christmas and New Year's Day).
For more information visit www.wmata.com.