• Assists the Director of Maintenance with selecting, coordinating, and executing the appropriate course of action for repairs.
• Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostics tests.
• Responsible for correcting all aspects of correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments, identifying word and damaged parts; removing, repairing, adjusting, assembling or disassembling all units.
• Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform final operational check on all vehicles to quality check repairs processed.
• Responsible for ensuring work order completion in an accurate and in a timely manner.
• Attend departmental meetings related to service area planning and improvements.
• Available to report to work for emergency services as necessary.
• Problem-solve and mediate unexpected and unusual diagnostic problems and request lead mechanic direction when necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of three years of experience with the repair and maintenance of diesel-fueled equipment including mechanical and electrical systems, transit bus experience preferred.
• Must have current and valid commercial driver’s license.
• Must have current criminal background check and state driver’s record.
• Must be able to work hours and shifts assigned.
*Alexandria Transit Company may be willing to train qualified candidates who are able to obtain the CDL license during the training period