Metrorail Service Advisory: Shuttle Buses Replace Blue/Yellow Line Trains South of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on May 4 and 5
Free shuttle buses will replace train service during the weekend closure affecting Alexandria stations.
On Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5 there will be no Blue or Yellow line Metro train service south of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) will use this weekend closure for pre-construction activity and staging necessary to start around-the-clock construction work on May 25. Metro also will utilize the closure of the six stations – Braddock Road, King Street, Eisenhower Avenue, Van Dorn Street, Franconia-Springfield and Huntington – to test shuttle bus operations for the summer-long project. During the weekend, the Blue Line Shuttle (operated by Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus system) and the Yellow Line Shuttle will operate as follows:
Blue Line Shuttle (DASH)
- Free shuttle buses will operate approximately every 12-15 minutes between Franconia-Springfield, Van Dorn Street, King Street, Old Town Alexandria and Reagan National Airport.
- The Blue Line shuttle will not stop at Braddock Road.
- Customers traveling to Braddock Road from points south should transfer at King Street to the Yellow Line shuttle to continue to Braddock Road.
- Airport travelers, from points south, should use this shuttle.
Yellow Line Shuttle
- Free shuttle buses will operate approximately every 10 minutes between Huntington, Eisenhower Avenue, King Street, Braddock Road and Crystal City.
- The Yellow Line shuttle will not stop at Reagan National Airport.
- Yellow Line customers traveling to the airport, from points south, should transfer at King Street to the Blue Line shuttle to continue to Reagan National Airport; or transfer to Metrorail at Crystal City and take a Blue or Yellow line train south to Reagan National Airport.
- Customers traveling to Braddock Road should use this shuttle.
Shuttle Operating Hours:
7:00 AM – 1:00 AM
8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Express shuttles from Franconia-Springfield to the Pentagon and Huntington to the Pentagon will not operate on May 4 and 5.
For more information on the May 4 and 5 work, please visit wmata.com/platform.