Northern Virginia and the greater Washington DC region are expected to experience more winter weather and cold this week, according to recent forecasts. These conditions include wet weather and freezing overnight temperatures that could impact passengers' experiences while waiting for, boarding or disembarking DASH buses.
For the latest updates and alerts about service changes, make sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook. We frequently update our social media pages during service disruptions to keep passengers informed.
To help keep you safe and comfortable while making your trips with DASH this winter, we've compiled a few helpful tips.
- Plan ahead and allow for variation in bus arrivals due to road conditions.
- Be cautious when walking over snow or ice.
- Wear loose-fitting layers rather than tighter or more-fitted clothing to keep your body warm when outdoors.
- Wear sturdy shoes with good traction to help you keep your balance when walking over snow or ice.
- Wear warm weather accessories like hats, scarves and gloves to keep warm while you wait for the bus.
- Visit dashbus.com/snow and learn about how our Winter Weather Service impacts your route or neighborhood.
- If your stop has a shelter, please use it to protect yourself from the elements. If you're unable to access the bus shelter or notice that your bus shelter is in need of repairs or maintenance, report it to Alex311.